- 1/2 cup rajma (kidney beans) , soaked overnight and drained
- 3 cups cooked rice (chawal) or leftover rice (chawal)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Add the onions and ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the rajma and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Add the cooked rice, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the coriander and mix well.
How to pack : Allow it to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.